Prime 10 Tricks to stop Ticks or “tick tacks” as our women name them 😆
Final yr I checked out a really informative reside chat between @rozannapurcell and @ticktalkireland over on @thehikelife web page all about Ticks, Lyme Illness and what to do should you discovered one on you or your pet.
Our Climbing Tick historical past with Youngsters
I beforehand had by no means come throughout a Tick in all my years of mountaineering, taking part in sports activities and out of doors actions and I wouldn’t have identified what to do if I did. Quick ahead a number of months after watching the @ticktalkireland video and each our women had a tick on their tummies, at the exact same time 🤢.
Fortunately we had our tick removers, froze the ticks in a zipper lock bag, disinfected the realm and watched out for all of the indicators of Lyme Illness. Thank God, they have been each excellent and we’ve got by no means come throughout one since 🙏
Photos of the Ticks
Under I’ll share some suggestions and data, however to be taught extra observe @ticktalkireland
The image above is the very place the place the women bought the ticks, strolling by means of the lengthy grass, their tops should have lifted and the ticks latched onto their tummies.
What do Ticks appear to be?
Image 2 above reveals the Tick buried headfirst into our child’s tummy 🤢🙈
What to make use of to take away Tick?
The above image reveals #ourlittlehikers repellent bracelet. We discover the bracelet superb and he or she loves sporting it.
Tips on how to Forestall Ticks on People whereas Climbing
- Use a Repellent Spray. I spray all our mountaineering boots, luggage and equipment earlier than a Hike.
- When you possibly can put on pants, tuck them into your socks and tuck your t-shirts into your pants too.
- Attempt to keep away from lengthy grass should you can (though they can be in brief grass and woodland areas)
- Attempt strolling within the centre of the woodland paths
- When doable, attempt to sit in your mountaineering bag, pad, blanket (shake it out afterwards) or a stone when having picnics.
- Do a fast Tick Verify earlier than entering into the automotive to go residence.
- In the event you discover a tick, don’t panic, use your tick remover (we maintain ours in a zipper lock bag in our 1st support equipment in our Climbing bag)
- Take away the tick with the tick remover by getting near the pores and skin the place the pinnacle is connected and easily pull in an upwards route, then disinfectant the realm and your palms.
- Place the tick in a ziplock bag and write the title of the individual, date and site on the bag and put it into your freezer whenever you get residence. By placing the tick in a zipper lock bag within the freezer it might assist lots should you begin to develop any signs within the coming days like flu signs or typically not at all times a rash can seem or a bulls-eye rash. If this occurs name your Physician and they’re going to do blood exams, take a look at the frozen tick for any ailments like Lyme Illness and possibly offer you antibiotics and many others.
- Get a bathe whenever you’re residence out of your hike and do a greater tick test. Be sure to test the next locations
- legs, ankles
- behind the knees
- across the waistline, bellybutton
- Again of neck, hairline, inside and behind the ears.
Verify your Canine for Ticks
Additionally, make sure you test your animals too.
I’m no knowledgeable in Ticks, so to be taught extra or when you’ve got any questions try @ticktalkireland