Right now: Assessment of Rosewood Vienna Lodge (Austria)
Housed in an historic 18th century constructing which was the previous headquarters for Erste Group Financial institution AG, Rosewood Vienna is ideally located on Petersplatz, one of the well-known squares in Vienna’s Outdated City. The lodge provides 99 spacious guestrooms and suites, all of which is able to characteristic separate areas for leisure and rest. The modern lodging merge the previous and current by means of a considerate mixture of stylish textural and creative components and the newest technological options. The property options quite a lot of eating and leisure choices, together with a rooftop bar with distinctive views of town, a beautiful spa, and a very good restaurant serving European delicacies and punctiliously crafted drinks interesting to friends and locals alike.
Rosewood Vienna options in my high 10 checklist of the finest luxurious inns in Vienna.
Have you ever ever stayed at Rosewood Vienna? In that case, what was your expertise? Depart a remark.
On this assessment (extra data and images under my YouTube video):
PROS & THINGS I LIKE
- Rosewood Vienna enjoys an wonderful location within the coronary heart of Austria’s capital. Situated at Petersplatz, one of many metropolis’s most well-known squares, the lodge is steps from the celebrated Graben, Kohlmarkt, and Tuchlauben pedestrian streets, famend for luxurious retailers and eating places, and near lots of the Vienna’s cultural and historic websites. Steps away from the lodge, within the metropolis’s Outdated City, sits the world-famous gothic cathedral of St. Stephen and the Hofburg Imperial Palace complicated, the seat of the Hapsburgs and likewise residence of the Spanish Driving College. A brief stroll from the lodge are additionally the Albertina museum, which displays greater than 1,000,000 (late Gothic to the current day) prints and drawings and the Kunsthistorisches Museum, which options prized collections of silver, porcelain, tapestries, furnishings and artwork, together with Outdated Masters.
- Rosewood Vienna is housed in 4 neoclassical buildings. Certainly one of these historic buildings was the previous headquarters of economic establishment Erste Group, constructed in 1835 by Austrian architect Alois Pichl. One other constructing housed an residence the place Mozart as soon as lived and the place he wrote “The Abduction from the Seraglio,” amongst different well-known works. The transformation and fusion of the 4 buildings right into a twenty first century luxurious lodge was realized by two Vienna structure companies, A2K and BEHF, with decor by the London inside design studio Alexander Waterworth. Kroenland, a Viennese agency, created the brasserie and rooftop bar on the property’s sixth and seventh flooring. The general result’s a lodge that marries historic appeal and European Belle Époque structure with trendy interiors and timeless sophistication. The buildings’ facades stay intact, with the financial institution’s golden bee image and signage.
- Utilizing a skilful interaction of various supplies corresponding to marble, wooden, brass fixtures, and patterned materials, Rosewood Vienna’s magnificent design nods to the imperial glamour of Vienna’s previous whereas talking to the tastes of at the moment’s discerning vacationers. Friends enter the lodge by way of an iron door and checkerboard hallway which ends up in a light-flooded atrium, the place a formidable mild set up hangs from a glass ceiling above a round couch. The atrium represents a contemporary interpretation of a historic Vienna courtyard and instantly transports friends right into a world of serenity and tranquility. From the atrium, an elevator takes friends to the intimate, residential-style foyer on the primary ground, which is comprised of three areas: a check-in space, a salon with concierge desk, and Salon Aurelie, a sublime and trendy Viennese espresso home (extra on that under).
- A heat, refined residential fashion imbues 71 guestrooms and 28 suites that stretch over 4 of the lodge’s seven flooring. Throughout my go to, I used to be upgraded to an impressively spacious government suite, situated on the corners of the historic constructing and affording a pleasant view over the Outdated Metropolis. The suite comprised a separate front room (with eating space) and bed room with a lavish ensuite lavatory. The sunshine-filled areas featured custom-made furnishings, together with a mini-bar of walnut, leather-based and regionally sourced grey marble, an opulent lavatory vainness with made-to-order lighting from certainly one of Vienna’s main producers, and handcrafted brass wall lighting fixtures whose design takes inspiration from an edelweiss, the Austrian alpine flower. Distinctive materials by Backhausen, the distinguished firm established in 1849 and famend for its Wiener Jugendstil patterns, embellish finishings from curtains to chairs, tissue packing containers and bedside notepads.
- Rosewood Vienna options quite a lot of eating and leisure choices, together with a rooftop bar with nice metropolis views, a vibrant restaurant with a terrace backyard serving European delicacies, and an elegant Austrian espresso home.
- Vienna has lengthy been a cultural crossroads and culinary influences come collectively in an entirely authentic trend at Rosewood Vienna’s restaurant Neue Hoheit (New Highness), situated on the lodge’s sixth ground. The brasserie serves European dishes alongside Austrian classics, based mostly on seasonal market components. As well as, a josper grill of beef, fish, and greens enhances charcuterie and seafood. Massive floor-to-ceiling home windows afford placing views of Outdated City rooftops, St. Peter’s Church, and St. Stephen’s Cathedral, whereas an out of doors terrace overlooks the lodge’s courtyard.
- On the seventh ground, one ground above Neue Hoheit, is a rooftop cocktail bar which pulls inspiration from a basic speakeasy. The intimate boíte, designed by inside designer Kroenland, options handcrafted cabinetry, a stow for a group of uncommon vintages and worldwide spirits, and a menu of basic and progressive cocktails guaranteeing amiable and memorable evenings.
- Salon Aurelie provides a sublime and trendy Viennese espresso home expertise within the lodge’s residential-style foyer area, serving mild bites and drinks starting from finger sandwiches, pastries and desserts to tea and aperitifs.
- Rosewood Vienna options an Asaya Spa, the primary at a Rosewood property exterior of Asia. Extending over flooring 5 and 6 of the lodge, the spa provides a spread of therapies, spa remedies, and wellness packages with Viennese influences. Amenities embody 4 therapy rooms and a social suite, rest space, sauna, steam bathtub, and expertise bathe. A trendy rest lounge is on the coronary heart of the spa, boasting distinctive views of the dome and bell towers of St. Peter’s Church. Designed as a sublime oasis for friends and locals alike, the spa’s inside options clear architectural strains, solely interrupted by stone and carved wooden components, convey a tranquil and stress-free expertise. The spa’s soothing coloration palette of sunshine blue, grey, ecru and greige is complemented by modern lighting by the acclaimed Viennese producer Bakalowits.
- Influenced by the wealthy creative heritage of Vienna, visible artwork is a trademark of Rosewood Vienna, with work by modern artists in its guestrooms and all through the property. In collaboration with artwork and styling curation company Atelier27, commissioned works by main worldwide artists embody illustrations, archival images with printed gold leaf, images, paper cuts, lithographs and wall sculptures. Evocative murals painted by Austrian artist Marie Hartig embellish Salon Aurelie, the lodge’s luminous foyer lounge. Right here, among the many ornamental palm fronds, flora, and butterflies, impressed by Vienna’s splendid Palmenhaus (Palm Home) artwork nouveau conservatory, friends benefit from the ambiance of an elegant Viennese espresso home.
- Rosewood Vienna is managed by Rosewood Motels & Resorts, one of many world’s most unique lodge manufacturers. The Rosewood story started in 1979 when a historic mansion in Dallas, Texas was remodeled into an acclaimed world-class lodge – The Mansion on Turtle Creek – whose success was the blueprint for all subsequent Rosewood properties. Right now, the group manages a particular assortment of residential-style inns throughout the globe, together with well-known properties corresponding to The Carlyle (New York) and Las Ventanas al Paraíso (Mexico). Every property delivers a one-of-a-kind atmosphere and elegance, through which location, tradition, historical past and geography are a part of the material of the lodge, reflecting the corporate’s “Sense of Place” philosophy. I’ve beforehand reviewed the next Rosewood Motels & Resorts:
CONS & THINGS TO KNOW
- Rosewood Vienna’s leisure amenities are restricted to a wonderful spa and a properly geared up health club. Nevertheless, there may be no pool, attributable to the truth that the architects needed to work inside the constraint of current buildings within the heritage constructing.
- The Rosewood Lodge Group is superb at creating vacation spot eating places at its properties throughout the globe, and Neue Hoheit completely matches inside the Rosewood idea of refined eating venues. That stated, Neue Hoheit is an all-day restaurant, providing breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it has the texture of a complicated brasserie (the venue was additionally conceptualized as a brasserie). IMHO, what would actually set the Rosewood Vienna aside amongst its opponents in Vienna is the addition a high quality eating restaurant, managed by a high chef, that has the ambition to accumulate a number of Michelin stars over time.
- Location: 9/10
- Design: 9/10
- Pool: N/A
- Rooms: 9/10
- Meals: 8/10
- Breakfast: 8/10
- Spa: 9/10
- Service: 9/10
- Wow issue: 9/10
- Worth for cash: 8/10
- General expertise: excellent 8,6/10
TIPS FOR FUTURE GUESTS & SAVE MONEY
- Get monetary savings: get complimentary VIP perks at Rosewood Vienna when reserving by way of Virtuoso (e.g. room improve, every day breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD lodge credit score).
- Get monetary savings: learn right here my ideas for getting the perfect deal at a luxurious lodge like Rosewood Vienna (and/or obtain many free perks).
- Learn my ideas for getting ready your journey in time.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
Vienna has a average local weather with heat summers and delicate winters. Common temperature differ from 2° C/ 36° F in January to 22° C/ 72° F in August. Spring and fall’s delicate climate is the perfect time to go to because it comes with delicate crowds. Most guests nonetheless intention to benefit from the heat, sunny climate that accompanies the summer season months.
HOW TO GET THERE
Vienna can simply be reached by airplane, practice or automotive. For these arrriving by airplane, the lodge is situated a 20-minute cab trip from Vienna Worldwide Airport (VIE). Test the Wikipedia web page of Vienna Worldwide Airport for a listing of airways that supply direct flights to Vienna.
Beneath is a number of my images of Rosewood Vienna. To view extra lodge images (together with dinners & breakfast), click on right here.