This publish could include compensated hyperlinks. Please seek advice from my disclosure right here for extra info.
In episode 61 of the UK Journey Planning Podcast, be part of host Tracy Collins as she chats with particular visitor Lisa Olney for an thrilling journey report.
Lisa takes us on a 14-day journey by means of London and England, immersing herself in Tudor historical past and literature. From exploring iconic landmarks to visiting historic websites and having fun with the charming ambiance of conventional pubs, Lisa shares her experiences, ideas and suggestions for an unforgettable journey.
Get able to be impressed and begin planning your personal Tudor-inspired journey within the UK!
Click on the blue button beneath to hear:
Episode 61 – Present Notes
Lisa Olney’s 14-day UK itinerary exploring Tudor Historical past and English Literature
Subjects coated on this episode embrace:
- How Lisa deliberate her journey round her specific pursuits in Tudor historical past and English literature.
- Lisa’s expertise of visiting the Globe Theatre (a lifelong dream)
- The locations Lisa and Ken visited on their journey.
- Their go to to Stratford upon Avon and the hop-on hop-off bus.
Locations talked about on this episode embrace
- Favorite lodging talked about by Lisa >>
- Stratford upon Avon >> An enthralling city in Warwickshire, England, famend because the birthplace of William Shakespeare and a hub for literary and cultural fanatics.
- Canterbury >> A historic metropolis in Kent, England, recognized for its beautiful cathedral and vital function in English Christianity.
- The Globe Theatre >> An iconic Elizabethan playhouse positioned in London, on the south financial institution of the River Thames, the place lots of William Shakespeare’s performs have been initially carried out.
- Westminster Abbey >> An impressive Gothic church in London, England, well-known for its centuries of royal and nationwide ceremonies, together with coronations and weddings.
- Tower of London >> A historic fortress and former royal palace located on the banks of the River Thames in London, acknowledged for its wealthy historical past and housing the Crown Jewels.
- Hampton Courtroom Palace >> A grand palace located on the outskirts of London, famend for its magnificent structure, lovely gardens, and its affiliation with King Henry VIII.
- Windsor Citadel >> An impressive fortress and palace positioned in Berkshire, England, serving as one of many official residences of the British monarch and showcasing splendid structure and in depth grounds.
Click on right here to obtain a PDF Transcript of Episode 61
Subscribe and assessment
In case you have discovered our Podcast useful please go away us a assessment! We actually respect your help and it’ll assist make our podcast seen to a better viewers.
Please subscribe so that you don’t miss any future episodes!