At current, there is no such thing as a Metro or practice service that passengers can take all the way in which from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
We are able to, nevertheless, information you to precisely the way you CAN transit between the UAE’s two largest cities.
The way to get between Dubai and Abu Dhabi
There are 5 main methods to transit between the 2 cities:
- Public Bus
- Non-public Automotive (self-hire or driver)
- Tour group
- Airline Bus
Dubai to Abu Dhabi Distance
This all is determined by the place you begin and finish your journey, however as a basic information:
- The gap from Downtown Dubai (Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa) to Abu Dhabi Central Station (Al Wadha Mall) is 140kms.
- From Dubai Airport (DBX) to the Abu Dhabi Corniche is 160kms.
- From Dubai Marina space to Yas Island or Abu Dhabi Airport is lower than 100kms.
By personal automotive or small van, you possibly can transfer at excessive velocity alongside the E11 Freeway between the 2 cities making the journey a bit over an hour, whereas public transport from reverse sides of every metropolis can take 2+ hours.
Dubai to Abu Dhabi Bus
Slightly than a Metro or practice line, the Intercity Bus is the one public transport between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The Intercity Bus Service now operates three routes from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
- Route 100 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Dubai Greenline) in Bur Dubai to Abu Dhabi Central Bus station [Every 20 minutes, approx 2.15 hour journey]
- Route 101 – Ibn Battuta Mall to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station [every 30 minutes, approx 1.5 hour journey]
- Route 102 – Ibn Battuta Mall to Mussafah Shabiya Bus Station [every hour, approx 1.45 hour journey]
All these routes additionally run in reverse from Abu Dhabi again to Dubai. and price 25 AED one-way.
Connecting to Abu Dhabi from Dubai Worldwide Airport DXB
You’ll be able to join from Dubai Airport to Abu Dhabi in a number of methods.
From Dubai Airport, there are each Metro and Bus choices to get you to Al Ghubaiba Station to modify to the Intercity bus to Abu Dhabi.
From Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, you possibly can hook up with DXB by:
- From Terminal 1, take Bus 33 or 42
- Terminal 2 take bus 31
- From Terminal 3, take the Purple Line Metro to Burjuman, then swap to the Inexperienced Line for Al Ghubaiaba metro cease.
- Catch a taxi – approx 30 AED
Connecting to Abu Dhabi Worldwide Airport AUH from Dubai
If you happen to take the general public bus from both Ibn Battuta or Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Station, you need to head again on your self to connect with Abu Dhabi Worldwide Airport AUH, which sits “off-island”.
From Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station to AUH:
- Take the 1A bus to terminal 1&3, leaves each 40 minutes, 4AED
- Take a taxi – approx half-hour and prices approx 50AED
Or, head to the final cease on the Purple Line Metro at Jebal Ali. From right here, take a taxi over the border on to Abu Dhabi airport. This could solely price round 170-200AED reasonably than 300AED+ from deeper in Dubai.
You may as well now take the AUH specific service from Ibn Battuta station (Purple line Metro) – free for WizzAir passengers or 35 AED per individual a method, which supplies you the comfort of dropping you a the airport door.
Free transport choice to AUH
In case you are flying with Etihad, you possibly can e-book your ticket to begin from the Etihad workplace in Downtown Dubai to incorporate a seat on their luxurious coach to AUH. So long as you pre-book, this switch is included in your ticket value and by far makes it probably the most cost-effective methodology of attending to AUH.
Will there ever be a direct practice line between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?
We dwell in hope! However the extra doubtless actuality at this level is the event of a hyperloop. You’ll be able to be taught extra in regards to the Dubai Hyperloop venture right here.
Etihad Rail seems promisingly near opening, nevertheless, present plans seem like the passenger service for Abu Dhabi will terminate on the outskirts of the town, that means you’d nonetheless want a bus or taxi to finish your journey into Abu Dhbai.
Watch this area although final there’s positive to be a while financial savings provided by this ne rail service within the close to future.
Earlier than you go… Extra essential issues it is best to know when planning a visit to Dubai
- Don’t neglect to pack your journey insurance coverage!!!
Please word we’re not a journey company. This website is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can’t e-book your flights, accommodations, visas or connections for you. We might make a small fee in case you click on on any of our advice hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner