On the subject of straightforward hen recipes you’ll be able to’t get rather more uncomplicated than this 3 Ingredient Caesar Hen. That is one among my favourite tenting dinner recipes after I desire a very easy meal that requires no prep time and makes use of easy elements.
That is one among my super-simple, straightforward tenting meals that requires ZERO prep work!
Cooking Strategies & Tools
- To make this as one among our straightforward campfire recipes: For conventional outside cooking, you’ll want a 12-Inch, 6 Quart Forged Iron Dutch Oven utilizing campfire coals or charcoal briquettes.
- To make this as one among our camp range recipes: To make use of a 12-inch Dutch oven with a propane camp range, you’ll want to make use of a dome for the baking course of. I’ve an whole submit with a VIDEO to indicate you methods to cook dinner with a Dutch oven dome & warmth diffuser plate.
- To make this in an RV kitchen: If you wish to brown the hen on a range high then bake the meal in an RV oven, you’ll be able to simply use a forged iron skillet.
- In any other case, you’ll be able to use any skillet to brown the hen, then, switch it to a casserole dish for baking in an oven.
- You can too switch it to a gradual cooker to complete cooking, set your crock pot to a excessive setting and cook dinner for about 5 hours.
Step 1. Put together your elements, warmth supply and gear as directed. For baking at an oven temperature of 375 F levels you will have 27 whole coals = 18 high / 9 backside in case you are utilizing a 12-inch Dutch oven. In case you are utilizing a completely different oven dimension, verify our Dutch oven temperature chart to see what number of coals you will have.
Calmly season each side of meat with salt and pepper, then, spray the pot with cooking spray.
Step 2. Brown the meat. Place hen in pot, brown one aspect, flip and brown second aspect.
Step 3. Add dressing. Pour the salad dressing into the pan. Flip the meat to coat each side and organize in a single layer for greatest outcomes and even baking. For particular diets, verify the label to make sure the dressing doesn’t comprise gluten for those who’re making gluten free tenting meals.
Step 4. Cowl with lid and bake. Organize coals putting 18 on high and 9 beneath the underside and bake the Caesar hen breasts till they’re cooked by way of. The inside temperature of the thickest half of the meat needs to be 165 F levels.
Step 5. Add cheese. Take away lid, sprinkle grated cheese over the dish, substitute cowl and transfer all of the coals to the highest of the lid to broil the cheese.
Step 6. Serve hen topped with sauce and garnish, if desired.
This creamy Caesar hen bake is one among my favourite boondocking recipes as a result of it requires no prep, makes use of only a few easy elements and cooks shortly. For an even sooner cook dinner time, use hen tenders as a substitute of boneless hen breasts. Cut back the baking time to about 20 minutes.
To maintain this straightforward dinner recipe so simple as doable, I simply serve a aspect salad in small bowl. I toss leaf lettuce in a little bit vinegar and olive oil, or, I take advantage of simply use a salad equipment.
There’s a lot taste within the Caesar sauce you might need to soak it up by serving the hen over rice or together with your favourite pasta. In case you’re making ready keto tenting meals, I like to recommend utilizing cauliflower rice to maintain it low-carb.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container in a fridge or cooler for a fast lunch.
- Make hen Caesar salads. Fill a giant bowl with leaf lettuce, high it with cubed leftover hen and toss with remaining bottle of Caesar dressing.
- Make sandwiches or wraps. Slice the leftover hen and pile it in your favourite bread or wrap with some lettuce, tomato and mayo.
My complete household loves this Campfire Hen Pot Pie. It’s a straightforward baked hen recipe that’s topped with refrigerated biscuit dough to make a high crust. In case you’re searching for heat and hearty consolation meals on your winter tenting recipes, you simply discovered one!
The following time you need to prep every part at dwelling so you’ll be able to simply “dump & cook dinner” from a ziploc bag into your pot, do this almost-gourmet Thai Campfire Hen. Once I’m making ready freezer meals, I do a double batch so I’ve one for dwelling and one for camp journeys. Take a look at all of my make forward tenting meals.
We love Mexican flavored Dutch oven tenting recipes. For this meal you’ll use pre-cooked shredded hen, canned enchilada sauce, onions and cheese. Roll the combination in tortillas and bake. Then, high these Dutch Oven Enchiladas with bitter cream and recent cilantro simply earlier than serving.
Flavorful hen thighs, potatoes, recent herbs and aromatics create superb flavors on this Dutch Oven Lemon Hen.
Print This Recipe
3 Ingredient Caesar Hen
Tenting For Foodies Dinner Tenting Recipes: This baked Caesar hen recipe is such a straightforward dinner, you’re gonna adore it!
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Cooking Spray
For Baked Caesar Hen
- 1.5 kilos boneless skinless hen breasts
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing (that is 1/2 of a regular 16 oz. bottle)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
Non-compulsory For Garnish
- Contemporary parsley leaves for garnish optionally available
Stop your display from going darkish
In 12-inch Dutch oven, camp or RV oven, pre warmth oven to 375 F levels. (27 whole coals = 18 on high of the lid and 9 under the underside of the oven. (see * Word)
Calmly season each side of hen with salt and pepper.
Spray backside and partitions of Dutch oven with cooking spray.
Over medium-high warmth, add hen to the pot to brown one aspect, then flip to brown second aspect, about 5 minutes per aspect.
Pour the creamy Caesar dressing in pan.
Flip the meat to coat each side with the dressing, organize it in a single layer for even baking.
Cowl with lid and bake (coals organized with 18 on high/9 beneath the underside) till the interior temperature of the thickest a part of meat reaches 165 F levels, about half-hour.
Take away lid, sprinkle grated cheese excessive of the hen breasts, substitute lid and transfer backside coals to the highest of the lid (create a broiler), cook dinner till the cheese is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Take away from warmth, spoon dressing combination sauce from backside of pot over the meat and serve instantly. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if utilizing.
Serving: 1gEnergy: 561kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 42gFats: 42gSaturated Fats: 8gPolyunsaturated Fats: 20gMonounsaturated Fats: 10gTrans Fats: 0.02gLdl cholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1108mgPotassium: 658mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 169IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 185mgIron: 1mg